What We Do
We provide legal help and expertise with Estate Planning, Medicaid, Special Needs and Elder Law. From preparing for future life-changing events, to quickly handling immediate needs regarding long-term care, our firm provides comprehensive assistance to you and your family for every step of the way.
Why We Do It
Located in Cincinnati, Ohio, our firm is community-focused and community-first. We know that the areas of practice we cover are often difficult to maneuver and are critical for lifelong support. Burke & Pecquet is a firm that rolls up our sleeves and is by your side to prepare and plan for what will support you, your loved ones, and your family the best.
ATTOrney at law
Ashley Shannon Burke
Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by The Ohio State Bar Association and The National Elder Law Foundation, Ms. Burke represents clients in the areas of Elder Law, Estate Planning and Probate Administration and is admitted to the practice of law within the State of Ohio, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and the District Court for Southern District of Ohio.
She advises and assists clients on Medicaid, estate planning for families with disabilities, lifetime gifting and transfers at death, asset protection, and with trust and estate administration.
Ms. Burke obtained her law degree, Cum Laude, from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 2009. In 2006, she earned her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Criminology, Summa Cum Laude, from The Ohio State University.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
Activities & Affiliations
- Vice-Chair of the Cincinnati Bar Association’s Elder Law Committee
- Past-President and member for the Ohio Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Kentucky Bar Association, and the Cincinnati Bar Association
- Vice-Chair of the Elder and Special Needs Law Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Board Member for Pro Seniors, Inc.
- Cincinnati Magazine's Rising Star Super Lawyer in 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017
ATTOrney at law
Janet E. Pecquet
Ms. Pecquet practices in the area of Elder Law, primarily focusing on planning for Medicaid eligibility. Having represented hundreds of consumers before the Medicaid Agency, she has provided help for individuals who are institutionalized in a nursing or assisted living facility, or that are living at home and seeking home and community-based care.
Ms. Pecquet also advises individuals and parents of children with special needs on estate planning and special needs trusts, as well as focuses on long-term care insurance and private insurance denials.
Ms. Pecquet received her Law Degree from Southwestern University in 1980, where she was a member of the Law Review. She also received her Bachelor of Arts from California State University at Long Beach.
Ms. Pecquet is a frequent speaker on Elder Law matters and participates in various community organizations involved in providing services to consumers who are aged and have special needs.
- California (1981)
- Ohio (1981)
- Arkansas (1981)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio (1982)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio (1982)
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas (1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
Activities & Affiliations
- She has served as Chair of the Elder Law Committee of the Cincinnati Bar Association
- Chair of the Advisory Council for the Elderly Services Program of the Council on Aging
- President and past Secretary for the Association for Professionals in Aging
- Chair and Recording Secretary of the Elder and Special Needs Law Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Board Member and volunteer at the St. George Interfaith Food Pantry
- Best Lawyers Business Magazine Lawyer of the Year Honoree in 2017
Thomas W. Schaefer
Mr. Schaefer is a Paralegal and Notary Public in the state of Ohio, working with attorneys in the Elder Law and Medicaid practice areas.
He graduated from the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelors in Paralegal Studies, Thomas enjoys volunteering with the Saint George Food Pantry and spending time with his family in his spare time.
Anne G. Wilker
Ms. Wilker is a Licensed Social Worker in the State of Ohio, and primarily works with the attorneys in the Elder law, estate planning and probate practice areas.
After receiving her Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Minor in Gerontology from Miami University, Ms. Wilker worked for a non-profit that served low-income elderly in urban Chicago. She then spent over 14 years as a social worker and Social Work Director for long-term care facilities in the Greater Cincinnati area.